Information for employers
We hope you are here to become part of our business support network. Having employers engage with our pupils helps to inspire and transform the attitudes of the young people in our care. In return we believe you will gain great satisfaction from working with us and inspiring the next generation.
Ways in which you can support us:
- Attend a business lunch with a group of students, sharing with them details of your job and industry.
- Be part of one of our dropdown days and deliver a hands on workshop on your sector and routes into it.
- Offer a work experience placement at your business premises.
- Get involved with a department and produce a real life brief for the students to complete and for you to judge at the end: linking your industry to their learning brings the curriculum to life!
- Volunteer to mock interview some of our Year 10s an 11s or look over their CVs and provide feedback from a real employer.
- Hold a CV workshop from an employer’s point of view.
- Welcome a group of pupils on site for a tour to view first-hand the working environment.
- Help champion specific issues and challenge barriers in the workplace around gender stereotyping and disability.
By getting involved you will be supporting the future workforce and helping to broaden the minds of the young people in our community. You will also be able to develop new skills for your staff, forge community links and build a positive profile for your company. You will be thoroughly supported prior to and throughout your visit to us to ensure we maximise the use of your valuable time. Should you wish to express an interest in supporting us, please contact Heidi Cullingham.
Careers Leader: Heidi Cullingham
heidi.cullingham at lynngroveacademy.org.uk
01493 661406 or 079 4945 9073